Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Monochromatic Gradient Glitter Tips

Today I'm bringing you a manicure that I forgot to blog about a week ago... whoops! It's a mix of different shades of a dusty mauvey pink, and I think the monochromatic colour palette makes this look very chic.





I started off with a one coat base colour of Joe Fresh - Rosewood, a medium toned dusty pink creme. This colour is so classic and sophisticated; it's a pink-tone but looks very neutral and is a great every day, work-appropriate colour. With opaque pigmentation, and smooth application, this polish is such a winner.



I then applied a gradient at the tips of the nails with Essence - Time For Romance, which was sent to me by a lovely friend from Germany. Just using a dabbing motion concentrating the most colour at the very tips and slightly gradiating the colour upwards I was able to achieve a great ombré effect. The polish is a darker magenta base with lighter medium hex and fine glitters throughout. For even more glitter sparkle, I added touches of Revlon - Sparkling over the Essence colour. This just adds the perfect touch of texture to the already glittery surface.

To even out the top of the nail, I added Seche Vite in a generous coat to smooth things out, and voila! The perfect simple, but interesting pink mani!

Thanks as always for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment