Saturday, September 8, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 8: Metallic



Well as you can see from a few of my previous posts, I've already dug into my metallic polish stash. But I was specifically holding out on this one nail polish for today's look. Of course though, the beauty of it just will not capture in a photograph (at least not on my camera). Nail polish blogger problems, right? Haha!

This is another unknown Color Club polish. I'm so sorry for using so many without knowing the names, I swear I tried googling them, but alas no luck!I found out the name thanks to a reader! This is Color Club - Snakeskin from the Fall 2010 Umtamed Luxury Collection. The colour that it shows up as on camera does this polish absolutely no justice to its real life colour. Yes, the base colour looks like this dark slate gray as pictured, but the khaki green undertone and tiny flecks of gold shimmer throughout, really sets this metallic gray apart. The formula on this polish is also as stellar as the colour itself. I believe the shimmer helps to control the streakiness, which metallic polishes are notorious for, and there was little, if any, streaking at all when I applied it. This is also beautifully opaque in two thin coats. I'm sure you could get away with just using one, that's just how pigmented it is.


Another shot in indirect sunlight

Overall, from all the metallics/foils from Color Club that I've been using, I'm pretty blown away by the quality of them. I've used a few too many duds in the past that turned me off of using metallic polishes, but I must say that these gems that Color Club have put out are quickly changing my mind. I'm absolutely in love with them, and I'm sure they will be staples in my fall/winter go-to polishes.

Thank you as always for reading, and we'll see you tomorrow for what I think will be my most difficult challenge post to date!

3 comments: