Wednesday, September 12, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 12: Stripes



As you can see from the title of this post, the challenge for today is stripes, and I have to say, I think I knocked this one out of the park. With complimenting tones of peach and coral, with black, white, and silver glitter, this manicure is definitely a stand out.




For this nail design, I started with a base colour of Whimsical Ideas by Pam - Georgia Peach Fuzz. This is a warm light peach jelly/creme base with rose gold micro and medium hex glitters suspended within. This polish is a breeze to apply; there's no need to fish or place the larger glitters, they just evenly disperse on the nail with each stroke. I used 3 coats of polish to get to this opacity and used a top coat to seal it in and add extra shine.



I added in the stripes using Essie - Tart Deco a warm coral creme, and Kiss nail art striper polishes in Silver Glitter, Black, and White. You want each nail to have a nice balance and mix of each colour, and it's also pretty when none of the nails are exactly alike.
It takes a lot of practice to achieve perfectly straight (or as straight as possible) by doing this freehand on top of the nail. The curve of your nail also makes it harder to get the lines straight. Another, slightly easier, method to do this manicure is to paint varying sized lines on a Ziplock bag with each colour you want to use, and wait for those to completely dry through. Next, peel them off of the bag and place them on your nail. You can cut them to fit your nail with cuticle scissors.



Stay tuned tmrw for my animal print challenge, which I am really not looking forward to because animal print is definitely not my forte. Thanks as always for reading! Follow if you like my posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment