Monday, September 3, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 3: Yellow



I'm absolutely loving everything about this manicure! It's a great transitional design to do with the seasons about to change. The tribal/Ikat nails and print were huge this spring/summer, and the colour theme is very summer appropriate. The mustard yellow colour is also a huge trend for this coming fall season, so it would be easy to wear this any time in the next few months as well.

I started with a base colour of China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss from their Fall 2012 On Safari Collection. It's a smooth and opaque creme polish, really fantastic formula on this one, that is a great nude with very yellow undertones. The name suits it extremely well since I think of desert sand when I see this polish. I used two coats for this look, but you could really get away with just using one.

On top of that sandy base, I painted two coats of Matisse Ellite - The One on only half the nail. You want it to be as even as possible, but this need not be perfect since I covered the middle where the two colours meet with Kiss black striper polish. For this I used small thin, feathery strokes to create that torn fabric look at the intersection of the two colours. I finished off my design with a fast drying, high gloss top coat: Seche Vite, which I use to seal all my manicures with.

I'm really happy with the turn-out of this look, and it was so easy and simple. It didn't even require perfection since the little mistakes in the black feathering add interest to the overall effect. I hope you give this mani a go!

Happy Labour Day, everyone! Have a great day off from work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment